Sunday, March 1, 2009

Visit to the Car Museum in Gateway, CO


This weekend a friend and her family took us to Gateway, CO where there is this really neat vintage car museum. Talk about cool! Below is one a small handful of what is there. I know that both my dad and my father-in-law would love to come see these cars. That is all I could think of while I was there: 'Dad would love this one, oh and this one, and...I got to get him here so see this!' When I was growing-up my dad would take me to car shows. He would try to educate me on what was what, but I, on the other hand, would show him the ones I thought looked nice to me. That is the way most women chose cars right? I usually would pick out the Cameros. It didn't matter what show we were at I would always seem to unknowingly pick out the Camero. My dad would just smile and say: "That is a Camero." Then I would reply with total surprise "Really, I must like Cameros." Anyway, we had a great time and Gateway is a short drive from Grand Junction so we might go more often. Not to mention the scenery is beautiful even in the winter time. The kids thought the cars were neat, but mostly they were excited to be there with friends. Thanks Shelly for showing this museum! Oh, by the way Dad 'I like the Camero!'


















No comments: