Friday, May 1, 2009

April 23, 2009: "Mom and Dad are Great!"

A week ago, we decided to get the kids some new 'toys'. Thursday night Adam, with the help of Kelsea, put the trampoline together. The kids couldn't wait until it was finished. Once Adam got the trampoline together, I helped him put the safety net on then we zipped ourselves inside (with Jaxton) and the other kids couldn't figure out how to get in. It was pretty funny! Finally, after they went around the whole outside of the tramp the kids found the zipper and crawled in with us. We let them jump until it got dark.

The next day, I spent the entire day putting the swing-set together. Austin was right next to me trying to help the best he could. "Mom, I think this goes here. The seat goes here. Mommy put the seat on so I can swing." When it was finally put together, I was exhausted, a little sunburned, but the excitement on my kids' faces were totally worth all the work. Not to mention having something for the kids to do in the backyard all summer. Kelsea came out about the time I was finished and she said: "Wow Mom, Daddy is really good at putting the trampoline together and you are good at the swing-set. Mommy, you and Daddy are great! This is all Great!" Let me tell you that her saying that made my day!

We also got a swimming pool that isn't set up yet because it hasn't been warm enough since we got it. But the kids have been wanting to play in that too. Who knows, maybe next week. Monday, Kelsea asked if we could go to the park. I asked her why she needed the park when she has a whole playground in her backyard. She just giggled.

Since we have had the new 'toys' the kids have spent as much time as they can outside playing. I too think that Mommy and Daddy did 'great'.


Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: New Backyard TOYS!
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


Trampoline: $197
Swing Set: $179
Swiming Pool: $15
Being totally exhausted and sunburned, but having something to help entertain all the kids at once (besides tv) for the summer:
Absolutely Priceless!


3 comments:

Gilbrides said...

GREAT JOB!! That is fantastic you were able to get the swingset and trampoline! It looks so fun. I love having swings in the backyard! I hope the kids have a blast all summer!

Galadriel said...

Aww, that's so cute. I think you're great too. Thanks for your nice comment about my new header; I did do it myself. I would love to see more pictures of your house and yard too.

Unknown said...

How fun for them!! You will love it too. You might actually get to sit and relax this summer a little.