Thursday, June 24, 2010

Weekend at the Cabin




After the baptism, we made a quick stop at my grandparents' house where we filled up water jugs and I took some quick snapshots of the flowers in my grandparents' front yard. They were all so pretty I couldn't resist posting them. Then with our friends, The Buddecke's we traveled up to my grandparents cabin. We only spent one night and one day, but we managed to roast marshmallows and play games. We also, took a tour of the Flaming Gorge Dam where we learned how the Dam works and we also got to see and feed the fish at the bottom. The kids were a little board, but they liked the fish. We then went to Red Canyon Overlook so our friends could see the spectacular view. We saw deer, yellow bellied marmots, and Adam and I got to see a mother moose and her calf run across the meadow. It was amazing although my friend's husband was jealous because he had never seen a moose before and wished he could have seen them. I guess I should have woke him up. Anyway, we had a good weekend with our friends and wished it could have been longer.

3 comments:

Galadriel said...

What a great weekend!

Annette said...

Wow, beautiful pictures. Glad you got to have some fun!

Kim Zuch said...

I love marmots! And I miss seeing moose! Sounds like you guys had fun!!