Saturday, January 15, 2011

Decorating the Christmas Tree


Dec. 13, 2010. Well, we finally got around to decorating the Christmas Tree. This year my pre-lit tree gave me quite some problems. I got it out of the box and put it together and plugged it in only to have patches around the tree not lit-up. Then after replacing about forty bulbs over the course of two days, I finally got it completely lit-up. Although, my tree was lit with all white lights it now has colored lights in all the places I replaced bulbs. Yay, the tree was finally lit! Yeah, that lasted for about one night. I got up the next morning only to find that the boys had been playing with the bulbs on the bottom of the tree and it was missing lights. So after messing with lights again and spending about an hour I couldn't figure out why the I couldn't get the bottom two rows of branches to light up. Frustrated, I gave-up. When Adam got home from work he messed with it and checked about half of the bulbs. Then I tested the other half only to find that every bulb was working. So then I started to follow the wires and found a wire that had been completely cut! I was not happy at all! Not wanting to deal with it anymore I ran a string of colored lights around the bottom of the tree and called it good. The next day the kids and I decorated it. As crazy as it was trying to get the tree to look nice, I think we did an awesome job and the tree turned out beautiful. Adam even got me a lovely new angel for the top.

1 comment:

Galadriel said...

I love your Christmas tree. We hadn't seen any pictures of Trenton recently--he's growing so much. What a cute boy!