Friday, January 18, 2008

Cold Air, Toys, and Diaper Rash Cream



Well, we have made it through another week. It is amazing how time flies so fast! Already, we are half-way through January. It seems like we just welcomed in the new year. Although, it has been much colder in Grand Junction this week the sun has managed to shine a bit. We have actually had a couple nights with negative temperatures. And our days have been right around twenty degrees. Just before it turned really cold we had one really nice day (nearly fifty degrees) where I let the kids go out and play in the snow. They loved it since they hadn't played outside since we were in Vernal.


This week I decided that something had to be done with the wandering toys in the house. It seems like every time I turn around another toy has escaped the kids' bedrooms. After much pondering, I decided that we would try something new for awhile, so I moved Austin's bed into the bedroom with his sisters. All the toys went into Austin's room, so now we have a sleeping room and a playroom. Also, I have a new rule that if I find toys outside of the playroom they will disappear into the depths of the garage. Of course, I give the kids a couple warnings first to rescue their wayward toys before that happens. So far, the room switch has been a success. The toys have pretty much stayed in their new room and the kids don't seem to mind all sleeping in the same room. Although, I need to put some boyish wall stickers above Austin's bed because he is getting too attached to the princesses that the girls already had on the wall. The other night he pointed to the Princess Auora sticker on the wall and said "My Princess." Yep, I getting some car or train stickers.
We are still in the first week of this change, so we will see if it continues to go work out.


Now for the more exciting story of the week. The other night Adam and I were having a nice quiet evening. The girls were asleep. Austin was still awake because his nap ran late, anyway, it wasn't long before I noticed that Austin had a white paste smeared all over his face. At first I thought he had found some lotion, but soon realized that it was actually diaper rash cream. Normally, the cream is put up, but since I have been watching my neighbor's little girl this month we had her cream down with her diapers. Austin found it and used it like lotion. I think all of my kids have tried using the cream as lotion and I would imagine that other children have too. Makayla tried it when she was about Austin's age and smeared it all over her arms, legs, and face. It was quite the mess then! For those of you who are mothers know that often times diaper rash cream won't come off easily. Thankfully, Austin's came off with a couple baby wipes. Another time the kids smeared diaper rash cream all over the couch. It did not come off as easily even after washing the cushion covers several times in the washer. But what else can you do? The kids obviously had fun and the couch will never, ever have a diaper rash.


No comments: