Sunday, March 23, 2014

Austin's Baptism

Before I move one, I feel I need to go back and do a special post for Austin. On November 30, 2013, Austin was baptized in Vernal, Utah. It was an extremely cold day, but a very special one. In the morning I took Austin to the Vernal Temple to get some pictures since it is a tradition I have made with my kids. We spent about twenty minutes taking pictures and Austin was such a trooper especially when I asked for a few shots without his coat. The temperature was about 22 degrees. My fingers were frozen within about 5 mins. And so was Austin's nose. He was great though and we got several really neat pictures of him around the temple. I love the images of him with his scriptures and it was fun to share a few sweet moments with my son. Later, we met at the church with friends and family to celebrate Austin's decision to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. There is always that special moment when you watch your child come out of the water and see their face beaming. The Spirit is so strong. This time Adam nearly broke down in the middle of the baptismal prayer because the Spirit was so strong. Then when Austin's received the Gift of the Holy Ghost, it doesn't matter who is being confirmed, that moment is so special and powerful that I always cry. Seeing my son and watching him make positive decisions in his life make me feel so proud to be his mother. Before I know it he will be a missionary. Love you Austin!

2 comments:

Kim Zuch said...

Great pictures!! I bet it was freezing!

Galadriel said...

It's nice to see pictures of your kids again; they've grown up so much in the past few years! Congratulations to Austin.