Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse







There were more than just the stars shining on American Idol tonight, as the moon also got in on some of the action, with a complete lunar eclipse. I missed the first part of it (because I was watching AI), but managed to catch some of the action about half-way through.


I was trying to get the kids in bed when I just happened to look out the window in their room and see the moon mostly covered by the earth's shadow. I had expected to have cloudy skies tonight because it was stormy looking all day. Anyway, I showed the kids and explained to them what a lunar eclipse is. Makayla thought it was quite interesting and can't wait to tell her teachers at school tomorrow that she saw it.


I tucked the kids into bed then went outside to see if I could get any good pictures of the eclipse with my camera. I didn't think I would be able to get anything really good, but I was surprised to actually get some decent shots even without a tripod. So, I thought I would share some of my favorite pictures just in case anyone missed the show. I quite enjoyed the eclipse tonight!


(Note: These picts aren't in chronological order.)

No comments: