Thursday, September 25, 2008

Blue Angels

Today was a busy day with me teaching preschool, having visiting teachers over, doing my visiting teaching, dropping off a b-day gift to a friend, cooking dinner, reading with Makayla, and making a video for this post. The main highlight of the day was a practice show where the Blue Angels kept flying over our house and around the valley today. It was so amazing to watch! The first time they flew over I didn't think much of it until I looked out the window and saw who they were. All the preschool kids were outside holding their ears and staring in amazement. Throughout the day we kept running outside to see the jets as they flew over. Three times they flew so low over our house you felt like you could almost touch them. One of the times I was outside holding Jaxton and they scared him and he grabbed onto me really tight. I covered his ears because they were so loud. The Blue Angels are putting on a air show this weekend, but I don't think we will be able to go. I am actually babysitting a newborn so his parents can go help out with the air show on Saturday and Sunday. It is okay though because we watched the jets all day today. Anyway, this is about all I can write for now because I am about to fall asleep. Enjoy the video!

If anyone wants to learn more about the Blue Angels visit:
http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/index.htm (All the still pictures in this video are from the webpage.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The blue angels are fun to watch (loud, but fun. I can hear the jets now :)). Next year you should make it to the show, it is a lot of fun and I'm sure your kids would enjoy going.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for the Miramar Air Show this weekend, but I don't know what we'll do about General Conference. I'm thinking we'll listen to it in the car on the way down and then sit in the car while the kids sleep to hear it in the afternoon.
I love it anytime helicopters or planes fly overhead everyday too.

Patricia Spencer