Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kids, Tile, Paint


Adorable Picture taken at Shelly H 's Baby Shower on 8-31-08
(Thanks for the picture Shelly)


This week has been quite the week already and it is only Wednesday! Saturday I spent most of the day cleaning house. Later, I watched Betty's kids so her and her husband could have a date.
Our kids and Betty's kids all on the couch watching a movie Saturday

Then Sunday is always crazy getting everyone ready for church. Once there it isn't so bad, but getting there is the biggest challenge. One of the leaders that teaches Austin in nursery tells me almost every week how much she just loves him. She thinks he is a little 'sweetheart'. (I feel the same way about him.)

Monday, I went and helped Shelly R with her major project. She had company coming on Tuesday and she was in the process of tiling her bathtub. She hadn't planned on doing it except while she was painting a couple of the old tiles in her bathtub fell of reveling black mold and no wall behind the tiles. So, her and her husband, Eric, had to rip all the old wall out and put new wall in. When she called me she only had one small wall tiled which Eric had done Sunday night. (This is her only full bathroom.) It would have gone faster for us except Eric had also put mortar on the other wall and it had dried so we had to scrape it off before we could put tile on. It was a pain not to mention very messy! When we had enough scrapped off we started putting tiles up. Did I mention that I have never tiled before? Anyway, by the time we finished we had about half of the larger wall finished and it looked really nice. We ran out of mortar and I had to leave because it was getting late. During the night my arms and hands starting hurting so bad I had a hard time sleeping. I must have used muscles that I haven't used in awhile. Talk about a crash course in 'how to tile a bathtub'. (Don't get any ideas Mom. Maybe next summer.)

Tuesday, I spent the day working on my kitchen table. The old finish had worn off and last week I sanded the table so I could refinish it. Instead of just getting some new stain I decided to paint it. Not just one color, but artistically. I thought a nice scene might look good. Although, what I have painted so far looks good I am not sure if I am going to like it. Maybe when I am finished? I guess if I don't then I can resort to painting it one color.

Last night I watched two of Shelly R's kids so that her, Eric, and their company could go out to dinner. Today, I am sore and tired and I don't think I am going to do very much. Maybe later I will paint on the table. Haven't decided yet.


I had to put these adorable pictures of Jaxton on the blog. Aunt Lacey and Uncle Dan got him this cute out fit and I thought they would like to see that he is now wearing it. Thanks for the clothes!

1 comment:

LJ said...

Yeah! What a great looking outfit. How many dinos has he hunted? Has Makayla got to taste dino meat yet?