Monday, September 1, 2008

'Toad'ally Interesting






Tonight I was outside in the front yard pulling weeds when I found a toad. I caught it for the kids to see. Here are some pictures. We put it in a tank and have fed it crickets. (We seem to have an abundance of crickets this year.) Anyway, we will probably let it go tomorrow since we are not really supposed to have pets and I would much rather let it catch its own crickets. I told the kids that they could touch the toad, but they were all afraid at first. After a little coxing Austin touched it then Kelsea touched it really fast. Makayla refused to touch it at all. "It's slimey." She said. I told her that it was just wet not slimey, but she still refused. I asked the girls which one of them was going to kiss the toad to see if it was a handsome prince and the girls both looked at me with strange looks "I'm not kissing it!"Makayla said. "Me either!" Kelsea added. It was funny watching all the kids' reactions. As much as Makayla refused to touch the frog she was interested to know what it ate. I knew that they liked bugs, but we still got online and looked-up information on toads. Based on what we read we think our toad is a female. Maybe she is actually a princess under a evil curse. Hey, Adam Kent you should come kiss my toad because it may turn into a beautiful princess :o) . You never know.

No comments: