Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sunrise-7:33 am


This morning I shared a special experience with Makayla. While waiting for her bus to come I pointed to the mountain showing her the first sliver of the morning sun gradually moving up into the sky. We sat in awe for the next minute or two watching the sun "wake-up". It only lasted for a moment, but now my daughter can say that she has watched the sunrise with Mommy. How awesome is that! When the sun was fully up Makayla made a comment on how 'bright' it was and then the bus came. But how often do we get caught-up in the routine of daily lives that we forget to stop and remember how blessed we are that God gave us such a beautiful place to live in. And then he gave us a family to share this beautiful place with. To share life's little moments with. Even for only a quick two minutes at the start of a busy, but beautiful day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so special. We wanted to say thank you for remembering Brinklee on her birthday. She loved getting your message. I also wanted to tell you that I loved what I got to read of your book. I tried to comment and it wouldn't let me because it said I wasn't invited to comment. Anyway it was great! You are really good!!!!!! I will definitely buy your book!! Thanks for inviting me!