Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Weekend Visit to Vernal

Trees in Mom and Dad's front yard

This weekend we went to Vernal and had a lot of fun. Friday we stopped and visited Grandma & Grandpa Sessions and also went to Jensen for the Pumpkin Festival. It was pretty good this year. There were several pumpkin displays celebrating other holidays such as Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. They even had a whole wedding ceremony display. After looking at the pumpkins, we let the kids play and got hot chocolate and soup. When everyone was finished we let the kids play in the hay-bale maze. They loved it! I think more than seeing the pumpkins.


These are our little pumpkins

The Wedding

Yummy Soup and Chocolate!

Smile!


Fun in the maze

Friday night, Jaxton who is teething, wouldn't sleep so I couldn't sleep either. Even Austin woke-up a few times so basically it was a rough night. By the time I was able to get Jaxton to sleep the sun was coming up. I ended up sleeping on the couch until about noon. Then I had a headache for awhile so we didn't do very much Saturday. Around 5:20 a.m. Saturday morning, my dad who was on his way to SLC for his drill weekend with the Army Reserves, called to tell my mom that he had hit some rocks in Daniel's Canyon and had messed up his tires and his car pretty bad. So my mom had to go rescue him. Those darn rocks had it in for my family this weekend. Saturday evening I took the kids and Kaloni to walk around the Vernal Temple. It had been awhile since we had been there. In fact it was Jaxton's first trip to the temple. Of course I took pictures. We made another stop to see G & G Sessions, but Jaxton was so grumpy that we didn't stay very long. I will be grateful when his teeth are all in! Sunday, after church and dinner (which was very good by the way, thanks Mom and Dad) we came home. Sad we had to leave, but happy to be home at the same time. It is always good to spend time with family even if the trip seems too short.

Here are more images from the weekend: Grandpa Rob after re-wrapping Austin's hand, Austin opening b-day present from grandparents and Kaloni, my gift, and Jaxton all tuckered out!

No comments: