Sunday, December 14, 2008

Highlights from the week

Yesterday, Adam's work had their annual Christmas party for the kids at Bananas Fun Park. Our kids got to play on the arcade, play laser tag, bounce in the Bump n' Jump, and Makayla even got to drive a Rookie Cart. She did such an amazing job for not ever driving anything except a bike before. There was another girl Makayla's age who had never raced either and the two of them were the only ones on the track so it made it a little easier for them. The weather was so cold! The wind was blowing and both girls had freezing hands by the time they got in, but both girls enjoyed themselves. Kelsea really wanted to drive a car too, but she was too short and they wouldn't let her. Maybe this summer she will grow enough to have her turn. The Weatherford dinner for the couples was also last night so Adam and I went and ate dinner with about forty other people consisting of Adam's associates and spouses. There were probably twice as many people there as last year. We went for a movie afterward to get our full date night in. I enjoyed spending some time Adam and am very grateful for the good friend who watched all our kids although it was past her bedtime before we got back to rescue her. We also got our first valley snow storm last night which dropped about two inches. I remember having a similar snow storm last year the night of the couple dinner.

Makayla in the Rookie Cart


I think both little girls were a little nervous and cold.


6 going on 16



Makayla driving the Rookie Cart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday morning I made snowman pancakes using raisins for the faces. Makayla was at school, but Kelsea, and Ausitn loved them! Jaxton also learned that he also likes pancakes (without raisins). I thought it was a fun little twist on a favorite breakfast. Later, Friday night Adam and I took the kids to see Madagascar 2 which was fun. There were only about five other people in the theater which made it seem almost like we had our own personal showing. I was a little nervous about taking Jaxton, but he actually did okay. He fell asleep about half-way through, so it was nice and I was able to enjoy the movie.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I am happy to report that Thursday I took Austin to the doctor about his finger and after examining it the doctor felt that Austin's finger looked just fine. The doctor still wants us to keep an eye on it as he grows because the break was near the growth plate, but he felt that Austin's finger probably wouldn't give any more problems. So Austin is all healed from his broken finger. Yay!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now for a couple Austinisms:

One night this week I was making biscuits and Austin came in wanting to tase the dough. I explained to him that that kind of dough is better after it is cooked to which he replied: "Are those jelly beans?"

Later the same night he ran around the house saying: "Ho, Ho, Ho! I am Santa Clause."

Under our Christmas there are only two presents both of which Adam brought home for me Thursday night. Each day since, Austin has asked me: "You open your pesents yet?" To which I tell him that I have to wait until Christmas. I can tell that he is so excited for Christmas because he has spent a lot of time pretending to be Santa, moving decorations on the tree, and playing with the Christmas train and village.
It will be a miracle if my 'pesents' stay wrapped until Christmas.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Monday, Makayla had a little school program. They did it at Barnes & Noble because they were also having a little fund raiser that the bookstore was sponsoring. Aside from the fact that there were a lot of people there and not nearly enough room for everyone to see their children perform, all the kids, including Makayla, did a great job. The first graders did three Christmas numbers: two ringing bells, and one singing. I tried my best to video the performance and during the bells I had a partial view of Makayla but during the singing number she took a step backward and I couldn't see her at all. Afterward, Makayla (my little social butterfly) wanted to introduce me to all of her friends which was nearly impossible with the amount of people crammed in the children's section of the bookstore. We did manage to meet a couple of her friends and their parents. She probably could have stayed all night and visited with her friends, but we left because there was just too many people.




Chipeta Elementary First Graders doing a practice run of their song.
(Sorry I can't get the bell performance to load)


Jaxton at Barnes & Noble (I couldn't leave him out)

1 comment:

Gilbrides said...

It sounds like you are staying busy and having a ton of fun! Your kids are so cute! I love your blog! I am so grateful you took all the time and energy to put together such a fun Christmas playlist. We use it as our main Christmas music. Thank you!