Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Click to play Thanksgiving 2008
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook


Click to play Thanksgiving B-day

(Note: These videos take a little long to load in the slide show so if you push pause while they load it works better. Also, my card was full so I missed a bit of the story telling.)
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


For Thanksgiving this year we went to Vernal. Usually, we travel to visit Adam's family, but this year Thanksgiving also marked my Grandma Lloy's 75th birthday so we went to show our love for her. On Thanksgiving day we gathered at my grandparent's chapel for dinner. The dinner was great! We had turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, several jello salads, awesome sweet potatoes, veggie tray, cranberries, beets, and of course pie. Cherry pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie, peach raspberry pie, banana cream pie, and lemon meringue pie. After dinner we had a little presentation for grandma done by Mom giving grandma her gift from the whole family, Alex on the cello playing 'happy birthday' while we all sung, then Uncle David giving a brief history of Grandma.

When that was all done there was two pinatas one for the little kids and one for the big kids, yes even the married kids. (Sorry, I don't have any of those pictures because my batteries died, but if I get some pictures that I took with my mom camera I will post them.) I wish I had pictures. The little kids took turns until the pinata broke then they gathered their candy and toys. Then it was the big kids' turn. It took about 11 of us (including me) blindfolded before it finally broke open. The first four of my cousins to take a swing also had their feet tied together. Talk about hilarious! I don't think our family has laughed so hard in a long time. My Adam finally broke it open and the little kids got a second run at the candy. A lot of it was hard candy and several pieces were completely shattered because of the hard hits the pinata took. in any case everyone had a great time! Then it was time to clean up. My cousin brought a four-wheeler which he took Makayla, Kelsea, and Austin on a ride. They were so excited! Austin loved it the most I think.

Friday, we went to Grandma's & Grandpa's house for lunch (leftovers). Turkey sandwiches, yum! After lunch a group of us decided to go ice skating. Admission was free and the kids and I had never been before. Let's just say it was interesting. Austin was only on the ice for about two minutes and fell about ten times even though I was trying to hold his hand. He didn't want to be on the ice anymore so we got off. Kelsea went on the ice with Lacey and Dan then after she fell several times she decided to get off. My mom took one skate around the ice ring and she also got off. Makayla, Jenna, Morgan, Aunt Jennifer, Kaley, Kaloni, Dan, Lacey, and I stayed on the ice for a lot longer. Mom took Austin and Kelsea next door to the Tree Festival to keep them busy. I did pretty good skating for the firs time and only fell once, nearly flat on my face, I had to get Lacey to help me up. (My hip hurt all night from the fall.) After skating, we all went over to the Tree Festival. There were a lot of pretty trees, but we couldn't find Mom and the kids. In the same building there was also a free kid carnival going on, so we went over there. After, getting some churros and letting Jenna and Makayla play a game Lacey, Dan, and I decided we should go back to the ice rink to make sure Mom wasn't there. Everyone else went back to Grandma's house. Mom and the kids were not at the rink, so I sent Makayla and Jenna with Dan and Lacey. While I stayed and looked for Mom and the kids. I went back to the carnival. Couldn't find them so went back to the van and waited for a little while. Finally, I went back to the carnival and eventually found them. It was sort of crazy, but worked out. Back at Grandma's we played games and ate carrot pudding that my Uncle Glade made. Some of the family also had some of grandma's cake which was also carrot cake. Both deserts were delicious!

Saturday, Mom, Kaloni, and I let the kids with Adam, picked up Grandma, and went to the Holly Days Craft Fair. There were lots of jewelry, quilts, homemade hats, and decorative signs. As well as other crafty things. I found a quillow for each of the kids for Christmas. I also got to see a friend from HS whom I haven't seen in a few years. After dropping Grandma off at home Kaloni and I went to Walmart where I found another friend and visited. I also found a couple more gifts then we rushed home so that we didn't miss my Dad's homemade grilled chicken dinner. He wasn't quite ready so Kaloni, Austin, Kelsea, Jaxton, and I rushed over to my friend Ann's for a quick visit. She was all alone tying a quilt. We chatted for a little bit then she invited Kaloni and I to go to the movies with her later that night. So, we hurried home, ate Dad's yummy dinner, and also invited Mom and Lacey to go to the movies with us too. We left the kids with the guys and went to the movies where we met Ann and Lacey's friend. Yes, we watched Twilight. I enjoyed it a lot better than the first time I saw it. It was so much more enjoyable going with the people I did. Lacey was so funny because she giggled through most of the movie. When we got home the guys: Dad, Adam, Dan, Adam K, had the kids in bed and were all watching Iron Man. So they got their movie night too.

Sunday we packed-up and came home because Adam's work was wanting him. Overall we had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed seeing and visiting with our good family and friends. We are so thankful for all the good times we get to spend with them as well as those we didn't get to see this trip. Hope everyone else also had a great Thanksgiving Holiday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving!!