Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Makayla!


Now I Am Six

When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five, I was just alive.
But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.

--A.A. Milne


Makayla is now six years old. Her birthday landed on Memorial Day this year we did three days of birthday. Sunday the 25th we gave Makayla a present early because Adam was going out of town for the week and he wanted her to open at least one present, a teeter-totter that also can spin in a circle. The kids love it! They would love it better if it had three seats, but this way they get to practice taking turns. Monday, her actual b-day, we went to a park we hadn't been to before and had lunch. The kids played and had a lot of fun checking out the new playground. After the playground we went to her friend, Eleesa's house. There we left the boys with Eleesa's dad and took Eleesa's mom and her with us shopping and then to the movies. Us mothers watched Prince Caspian and quite enjoyed it, but Makayla, Eleesa, and Kelsea were more interested in their snacks through most of the show. Towards the end they did get more interested in the movie except Kelsea who fell asleep on my lap. After the movie, we went back to Eleesa's house and got the boys and also brought Eleesa home with us for a sleepover. The girls we so excited that they didn't want to go to sleep for awhile. Tuesday, Makayla opened her presents, had cake and ice cream, and played with some 3D sidewalk chalk another friend gave her. Then after lunch we went back to the same new park and let the kids play for awhile again until the heat got to us then we took Eleesa home.

Makayla had a lot of fun and only wished she could have had her other friends come and play for her birthday too (Vernal friends and Ogden friends you know who you are.) I still can't believe that Makayla is already six years old. She just amazes me with how much she has grown and learned. And no matter how many birthdays she has she will always be my first baby.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I would give you a Makaylaism-Makaylaisms are funny phrases Makayla says. Here is one from yesterday: "Oh, by the way, I just barely learned a long time ago, that when it is hot we like cold and when it is cold we like hot." (She is talking about the weather.)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brinklee says she cannot believe she missed Makayla's Bday. Happy happy Birthday Makayla!!!!!