Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Makaylaism #2


It is time for another Makaylaism.

Last week I was walking into the kitchen to cook dinner and saw a toy dinosaur on the floor. Makayla was right behind me so I said "Oh, I don't know what to cook for dinner. Maybe, we should just have dinosaur meat." Makayla responds with "I don't think I like dinosaur meat." I then asked her if she had ever had any dinosaur meat before, and she said "
I haven't but my friend has and she said she doesn't like it." I was a little surprised at this answer so I asked Makayla where her friend found dinosaur meat. "She got it in the ground with the dinosaur bones." I then explained that there was no way that her friend could have dinosaur meat because the dinosaurs have been dead for a long time. Makayla not missing a beat says "Well I think that your mom and your grandma has probably had dinosaur meat before." Trying hard not to laugh hysterically at her innocent response I asked "So you think that my mom has been around since the dinosaurs?" "Yes." she said. Then I explained, still trying not to laugh too hard, that dinosaurs had been gone for millions of years before both my grandma and my mother were even born, so there was no way that they could have ever tasted dinosaur meat. (This is still funny even weeks later.)

No comments: